How do I plagiarize thee?

let me count the ways...

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Harvard scandal

The latest on the Harvard scandal is in this Crimson article:
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/12/12/allegations-plagiarism-gay-dissertation/?fbclid=IwAR1FfwIvlBOV_mnj8dacipzFS_DgvYlE-XHs9QQfOOEaFW1bALkhplOgnvc

It reminds me that as a former academic ESL teacher, I could consider myself knowledgable about what and what doesn't constitute plagiarism. What I remember is that this is definitely the trickiest part; saying what one researcher said about another can only be put in so many words. And yet as a writer you don't want to appear to not have read anything but somebody's description of what the article said.

Enough said though, since I'm retired, and this blog is full of more intelligent things said about the issue. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home